Fwd: 9.5 release notes

From: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Fwd: 9.5 release notes
Date: 2015-08-06 18:19:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 9:15 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:

> I have committed the first draft of the 9.5 release notes. You can view
> the output here:
>
> http://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-9-5.html
>
> and it will eventually appear here:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/release.html
>
> I am ready to make suggested adjustments, though I am traveling for
> conferences for the next ten days so there might a delay in my replies.

"Improve the speed of sorting character and numeric fields"

Here, does "numeric" refer specifically to the type "numeric", or to all
fields which are numeric in nature?

If the former (which I think it is, as other numeric types are
pass-by-value to start with), it should probably get some sgml markup.

(copy to list, accidentally sent just to Bruce initially)

Thanks,

Jeff