Re: Caching and Blobs in PG? Was: Can PG replace redis, amqp, s3 in the future?

From: Adam Brusselback <adambrusselback(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Caching and Blobs in PG? Was: Can PG replace redis, amqp, s3 in the future?
Date: 2017-05-07 16:16:16
Lists: pgsql-general

> there's also pg_agent which is a cron-like extension, usually bundled with
> pg_admin but also available standalone
>
> https://www.pgadmin.org/docs4/dev/pgagent.html
>

> --
> john r pierce, recycling bits in santa cruz

In addition to that, there is also jpgAgent:
https://github.com/GoSimpleLLC/jpgAgent

It uses the same schema as pgagent in the database, and just replaces the
actual agent portion of it with a compatible re-write. Has been way more
stable for us since we switched to it, as well as providing features we
needed like email notifications and parallel running of steps.

Disclosure: I wrote it for my company... started on it well before all the
alternatives like pg_cron, pg_bucket, etc came out.