pg_lesslog w/Postgres 9.0.X

From: Ken Caruso <ken(at)ipl31(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_lesslog w/Postgres 9.0.X
Date: 2011-07-05 21:53:04
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,

I am running Postgres 9.0.4 on Ubuntu 10.0.4.2 in a continuos archive setup
with weekly base backups. I am interested in using pg_compress/pg_decompress
to reduce storage needs. I currently use bzip2 which usually results in 50%
compression, however it appears that pg_compress will provide better
results.

I have been looking for some reference to indicate that the recent version
pg_lesslog is compatible with 9.0.4 but not have found anything conclusive.
So I was wondering if anyone on the list is running pg_lesslog on 9.0.X in a
production environment. Any gotchas?

Thanks

-Ken