Re: Postgresql 9.0.13 core dump

From: Laurentius Purba <lpurba(at)sproutloud(dot)com>
To: Tomas Vondra <tv(at)fuzzy(dot)cz>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgresql 9.0.13 core dump
Date: 2013-10-15 13:36:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Tomas,

Thanks for your response.

Regarding using BYTEA instead of TEXT for binary content, I did a google
search prior sending my first email.

Also, in my first email, I mentioned that I am not convinced this query,
updating a field with pdf content in a table, causing this core dump. The
reason is, out of few crashes, 3 or 4 crashes, this is the only PID that
it's tied to that update query. The other crashes have their own PIDs that
were not tied to any query(ies).

Regarding libxml, I am using libxml2-2.8.0_2 XML parser library for
GNOME.

Is this reproducible? Unfortunately it is not. Regarding an update PDF, I
am not sure if this update causing core dump, as I mentioned in my second
paragraph.

Anyway, thanks for your response, Tomas.

-Laurent