Re: LwLocks contention

From: Michael Lewis <lewis(dot)michaelr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Chris Bisnett <cbisnett(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: LwLocks contention
Date: 2022-04-21 18:12:12
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Apr 21, 2022 at 6:17 AM Chris Bisnett <cbisnett(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> We're working to update our application so that we can
> take advantage of the pruning. Are you also using native partitioning?

No partitioned tables at all, but we do have 1800 tables and some very
complex functions, some trigger insanity, huge number of indexes, etc etc.

There are lots of things to fix, but I just do not yet have a good sense of
the most important thing to address right now to reduce the odds of this
type of traffic jam occurring again. I very much appreciate you sharing
your experience. If I could reliably reproduce the issue or knew what data
points to start collecting going forward, that would at least give me
something to go on, but it feels like I am just waiting for it to happen
again and hope that some bit of information makes itself known that time.

Perhaps I should have posted this to the performance list instead of
general.