Re: no pg_hba.conf entry for replication connection from host

From: Volkan Unsal <spocksplanet(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Melvin Davidson <melvin6925(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: no pg_hba.conf entry for replication connection from host
Date: 2015-04-09 19:03:47
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Melvin,

0.0.0.0 has the specific meaning "unspecified". So you really should
> enter the specific ip address for the slave in the master pg_hba.conf.

I tried this, but I am getting this error when I do that:

FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for replication connection from host
"104.131.66.183", user "rep", SSL off
DETAIL: Could not resolve client IP address to a host name: Name or
service not known.

Is ${REP_USER} defined on BOTH master & slave?
> IS ${REP_USER} defined as a valid user that can login in the database?

Yes, the variables are defined in the environment for both master and
slave. These variables are passed through a preprocessor and replaced with
their actual values. But the REP_USER only exists in the master database.

--
*Volkan Unsal*
*web and mobile development*