Re: Materialized View Patch File

From: Neel Patel <neel(dot)patel(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dave(dot)page(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Materialized View Patch File
Date: 2013-07-03 07:44:35
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the comments.

Find the attached patch with below fix.

--- Incomplete comments removed and added new comments
--- s/Closed/Materialized/
--- Added column "relkind" in outer query and removed the SELECT from the
loop.
--- Combined the below statement.
"(collection->GetConnection()->BackendMinimumVersion(9, 3))"

Please let me know for further comments.

Thanks,
Neel Patel

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 8:06 PM, Dave Page <dave(dot)page(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 3:25 PM, Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com> wrote:
> > On 29 May 2013 10:40, Neel Patel <neel(dot)patel(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
> >> Hi Dave,
> >>
> >> Please find the updated patch after fixing some of the issues and
> comments
> >> given by Ashesh.
> >
> > Just realised this reply has been in my draft folder for over a month...
> >

> > This comment appears to be incomplete:
> >
> > //While editing the view, if it is materialized view then only change
>
> Yeah, please fix that Neel. Not sure what you were trying to say.
>

> > The section of if... else if... else if... that begins with:
> >
> > if (name == wxT("autovacuum_vacuum_cost_delay"))
> >
> > should probably use:
> >
> > switch(name)
> > {
> > case wxT("autovacuum_vacuum_cost_delay")
> >
> > case ...
> > }
>
> wxString's don't play nicely with switch(), if memory serves.
>
> > Given the amount of duplicate functionality this shares with tables,
> > is there not a way there could be a common class they could both
> > inherit from to reduce maintenance overhead?
>
> Probably not a great deal of benefit. In any case, it would certainly
> require a lot of refactoring which is far more work than we have time
> for.
>
> --
> Dave Page
> Chief Architect, Tools & Installers
> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
>
> Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
> Twitter: @pgsnake

Attachment Content-Type Size
MaterializedView_Icon_V2.patch application/octet-stream 6.6 KB