Re: Assert !bms_overlap(joinrel->relids, required_outer)

From: Richard Guo <guofenglinux(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Jaime Casanova <jcasanov(at)systemguards(dot)com(dot)ec>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Assert !bms_overlap(joinrel->relids, required_outer)
Date: 2023-06-30 03:02:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jun 30, 2023 at 12:16 AM Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> Pushed with that and defenses added to try_mergejoin_path and
> try_hashjoin_path. It looks like the various try_partial_xxx_path
> functions already reject cases that could be problematic. (They
> will not accept inner parameterization that would lead to the
> result being parameterized differently from the outer path.
> By induction, that should be fine.)

Thanks for pushing it!

Yeah, I also checked that and there is no problem with partial join
paths. However I found some opportunities for trivial revises there and
created a new patch for those at [1].

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAMbWs48mKJ6g_GnYNa7dnw04MHaMK-jnAEBrMVhTp2uUg3Ut4A%40mail.gmail.com

Thanks