Re: Eager aggregation, take 3

From: Richard Guo <guofenglinux(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Paul George <p(dot)a(dot)george19(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andy Fan <zhihuifan1213(at)163(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Eager aggregation, take 3
Date: 2024-08-21 07:10:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Aug 16, 2024 at 4:14 PM Richard Guo <guofenglinux(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I had a self-review of this patchset and made some refactoring,
> especially to the function that creates the RelAggInfo structure for a
> given relation. While there were no major changes, the code should
> now be simpler.

I found a bug in v10 patchset: when we generate the GROUP BY clauses
for the partial aggregation that is pushed down to a non-aggregated
relation, we may produce a clause with a tleSortGroupRef that
duplicates one already present in the query's groupClause, which would
cause problems.

Attached is the updated version of the patchset that fixes this bug
and includes further code refactoring.

Thanks
Richard

Attachment Content-Type Size
v11-0001-Introduce-RelInfoList-structure.patch application/octet-stream 14.8 KB
v11-0002-Implement-Eager-Aggregation.patch application/octet-stream 162.0 KB