Re: Wrong results with grouping sets

From: Richard Guo <guofenglinux(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Wrong results with grouping sets
Date: 2024-07-01 08:29:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jun 10, 2024 at 5:05 PM Richard Guo <guofenglinux(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> This patchset does not apply any more. Here is a new rebase.

Here is an updated version of this patchset. I've run pgindent for it,
and also tweaked the commit messages a bit.

In principle, 0001 can be backpatched to all supported versions to fix
the cases where there are subqueries in the grouping expressions; 0002
can be backpatched to 16 where we have the nullingrels stuff. But both
patches seem to be quite invasive. I'm not sure if we want to backpatch
them to stable branches. Any thoughts about backpatching?

Thanks
Richard

Attachment Content-Type Size
v9-0001-Introduce-an-RTE-for-the-grouping-step.patch application/octet-stream 55.2 KB
v9-0002-Mark-expressions-nullable-by-grouping-sets.patch application/octet-stream 26.4 KB