Re: Inconsistency between try_mergejoin_path and create_mergejoin_plan

From: Richard Guo <guofenglinux(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Alexander Pyhalov <a(dot)pyhalov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Inconsistency between try_mergejoin_path and create_mergejoin_plan
Date: 2024-09-03 09:51:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jul 26, 2024 at 3:56 PM Richard Guo <guofenglinux(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Do you think it works if we place this test in equivclass.sql and
> write a comment explaining why it's there, like attached? Now I’m
> also starting to wonder if this change actually warrants such a test.

The new test case fails starting from adf97c156, and we have to
install a hash opfamily and a hash function for the hacked int8alias1
type to make the test case work again.

Now, I'm more dubious about whether we really need to add a test case
for this change.

Thanks
Richard

Attachment Content-Type Size
v5-0001-Check-the-validity-of-commutators-for-merge-hash-clauses.patch application/octet-stream 7.2 KB