Re: Python versus Other Languages using PostgreSQL

From: Paul Hughes <paul(at)vivation(dot)com>
To: George Neuner <gneuner2(at)comcast(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Python versus Other Languages using PostgreSQL
Date: 2017-05-09 20:00:04
Lists: pgsql-general

Thank you all for taking the time to answer my questions. I've been out of
the programming world for a long time, so I am back to being a newbie. I
was told this is the place for newcomers to ask questions. I apologize if
my questions did not contain the necessary sophistication or nuance for
some to answer.

George, your answer makes the most sense. Thank you! You said:

>>Most cloud servers come preconfigured with some variation of either
the "LAMP" or "LAPP" stack: i.e. Linux, Apache, MySQL or Postgresql,
PHP or Python.

>>There needs to be a compelling *application* reason to install
something else: a JVM (or Apache-Tomcat vs regular Apache),
Ruby/Rails, Groovy/Grails, etc.

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>