Locking in Inheritance partition

From: Gaurav Anand <gaurav(dot)anand(at)saama(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Locking in Inheritance partition
Date: 2021-12-10 06:35:08
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Team,

We have a declarative partition on tables in our database which is PG10. We
face issues as the table becomes locked during attach and detach and cannot
be used during the event.

We have a master and slave setup and application query points to Slave but
whenever we perform attach and detach of partitions on Master the locks
propagates to slave and causes Application to spin.

Kindly suggest if Inheritance partition will help here or any other way I
can avoid this lock.

Thanks,
Gaurav
--