Re: Missing rows after migrating from postgres 11 to 12 with logical replication

From: Lars Vonk <lars(dot)vonk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Missing rows after migrating from postgres 11 to 12 with logical replication
Date: 2020-12-24 20:24:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Well thanks for taking the time anyway. Indeed next time reduce the parts
is a good idea.

I would still expect though that if a logical replica misses a WAL it would
stop replicating (and / or report an inconsistent state). I know this is
the case with binary replication (it stops replication).
As a last question, do you know if this is also the case with logical
replication as well, or is what happened here an "expected outcome" when a
logical replica misses a WAL?

Lars