Streaming replication - 11.5

From: Nicola Contu <nicola(dot)contu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-generallists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Alessandro Aste <Alessandro(dot)aste(at)gtt(dot)net>
Subject: Streaming replication - 11.5
Date: 2020-03-10 09:26:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,
I have two servers connected to the same switch running postgres 11.5

I am trying to replicate one of those servers after a planned work on the
master, so the replica has been lost. It has always worked but now I get
this :

pg_basebackup: could not receive data from WAL stream: server closed the
connection unexpectedly
before or while processing the request.

I don't really understand what the issue is.
I had this issue last week as well in another DC and I had to reboot the
slave to make it working (not sure why it helped)

Do you know what can cause this?

Thank you,
Nicola