Re: Unable to find column

From: Ian Harding <harding(dot)ian(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: arun chirappurath <arunsnmimt(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unable to find column
Date: 2024-01-15 16:29:07
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, Jan 15, 2024 at 8:17 AM arun chirappurath <arunsnmimt(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have a table automobile which has a column id.
>
> Table consists of id,make,year of manufacturing
>
> I use dbeaver for querying..
>
> Select * from automobile provides me results
>
> However select id from automobile yields column doesn't exists.
>
> I tried double quotes on id As well but same error.
>
> But if I drag and drop id or use the id which is auto prompted from
> dbeaver,it works 💪.
>
> select "id" from automobile using drag and drop of id in dbeaver works.

Possibly there is a case sensitivity issue. If you use double quotes the
string is protected and searched for with explicit case. If not it is
folded to lower case.

I don’t know about dbeaver but I suspect case sensitivity.