GSSAPI Authentication for pgadmin4 macOS client

From: Sean McDaniel <sean(dot)m(dot)mcdaniel(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: GSSAPI Authentication for pgadmin4 macOS client
Date: 2020-10-27 17:08:20
Lists: pgsql-general

pgsql-general,

I'm turning to the the pgsql-general mailing list because I haven't found a
solution elsewhere on the internet. Thanks to all who can help.

I'm using pgadmin4 on a macOS system and I'm having trouble connecting to a
server of interest. The "Connect to Server" dialog box has a warning:
"GSSAPI authentication not supported". I cannot proceed beyond that point.

It seems to be a GSSAPI issue. I have postgres installed via homebrew and
it supports GSSAPI. I can connect directly to the server using psql (and
pgcli) from the command line without issue.

I have tried to get pgadmin4 to use these binaries by putting
/usr/local/bin under Preferences > Paths > Binary Paths for "PostgreSQL
Binary Path" but that doesn't fix the issue, even after a pgadmin4 restart.

Has anyone else had this issue or can offer advice?

Thanks,

Sean