Re: Right version of jdbc

From: Raivo Rebane <raivore55(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Craig McIlwee <craigm(at)vt(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Right version of jdbc
Date: 2023-09-30 06:33:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
sometimes I am lucky and don't get the old error, but sometime not.

I tried to use PreparedStatement, but I got error -
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Can't use query methods that take a
query string on a PreparedStatement.
at
org.postgresql.jdbc.PgPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PgPreparedStatement.java:145)
at MushroomAPIs.Clean.deleteAllRecordsFromTable(Clean.java:34)
and java code is -

String deleteQuery = "DELETE FROM " + tableNam

System.out.println(deleteQuery);

PreparedStatement statement = connection.prepareStatement(deleteQuery);

May be it's easy for me to use normal statement ?

Raivo