Re: What's the best practice to compare the transaction with the checkpoint?

From: Jialun Zhang <reatank(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Gerald Cheves <gcheves(at)verizon(dot)net>
Cc: Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>, pgsql-novice(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What's the best practice to compare the transaction with the checkpoint?
Date: 2020-07-06 15:27:39
Lists: pgsql-novice

Actually I am trying to add file support for TOAST. I mean store the
toasted value in the file system and leave a file path in the toast
pointer. Therefore, for garbage collection, we need to remove the file
after confirming that a deleted tuple is older than the latest checkpoint.

Thanks,
JIalun Zhang

Gerald Cheves <gcheves(at)verizon(dot)net> 于2020年7月6日周一 上午10:58写道: