Re: Upgrade from 8.4

From: Prashanth Ranjalkar <prashant(dot)ranjalkar(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: rajiv(dot)kasera(at)pinelabs(dot)com
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Upgrade from 8.4
Date: 2013-04-18 11:58:58
Lists: pgsql-admin

Yes, PostgreSQL 9.2 would be an excellent choice; There are various upgrade
options available like dump/restore, slony and pg_upgrade where each have
their pros and cons. The selection of upgrade method solely depend upon the
data size and available downtime. It's strongly recommended to test upgrade
method before live implementation.

**
*Thanks & Regards,*
*** *
*Prashanth Ranjalkar*
*Database Consultant & Architect*
*Email:prashant(dot)ranjalkar(at)gmail(dot)com*
*www.postgresdba.net*