Re: timestamp (military) at time zone without the suffix

From: David Gauthier <davegauthierpg(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: timestamp (military) at time zone without the suffix
Date: 2018-07-11 20:34:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks Everyone, they all work, but TL's seems to be the simplest...
select current_timestamp(0) at time zone 'utc'

I'm kinda stuck with the timestamp data type (vs timestamptz). Wondering
if I can stick with that.

One last question...
I want to store the current UTC date/time in the DB. Does PG
unconditionally store something like UTC, then let the queries figure out
how they want to look at it (with "at time zone" and "to_char()" etc...) ?
Or do I have to intentionally store the UTC value somehow?

Right now the code is just inserting and updating records using
"localtimestamp(0)".