hardcode password in connect string

From: David Gauthier <davegauthierpg(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-generallists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: hardcode password in connect string
Date: 2018-04-13 18:43:01
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi:

PG v9.5.2 on RHEL

I like to use an alias to connect to my favorite DBs but don't like to
enter passwords. I used to just disable passwords (working behind a
firewall), but this one is different. I see nothing in the interactive
connect string where I can enter the password...

psql -h thehost -U memyselfi mydb

Missing something like "-p mypassword"

Is there a way I can stick the pw in the linux alias definition ?

Just thinking something like this may be available since hardcoded
passwords are supported in perl/dbi, pg driver

Thanks !