Re: Impact of track_activity_query_size on high traffic OLTP system

From: Rick Otten <rottenwindfish(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jeremy Finzel <finzelj(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-performa(dot)" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Impact of track_activity_query_size on high traffic OLTP system
Date: 2017-04-13 21:17:07
Lists: pgsql-performance

I always bump it up, but usually just to 4096, because I often have queries
that are longer than 1024 and I'd like to be able to see the full query.
I've never seen any significant memory impact. I suppose if you had
thousands of concurrent queries it would add up, but if you only have a few
dozen, or even a few hundred queries at any given moment - on a modern
system it doesn't seem to impact things very much.