Re: Query editor: replacing text issue

From: Aditya Toshniwal <aditya(dot)toshniwal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: androxkentaki <androxkentaki(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Query editor: replacing text issue
Date: 2022-07-08 06:48:01
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 8, 2022 at 12:05 PM androxkentaki <androxkentaki(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Since version 6.8 of pgA You have change behavior of replacing text
> feature in query editor. It is going in the right direction , but there are
> still missing main feature (which was working till 6.7).
>
> Till this version when I want to replace some text I mark it up and stroke
> Ctrl + Shift + F.
>
> String for replace was automatically putted in “for replace” field.
>
> And I only need to insert text into the “replace to” field.
>

> But since v. 6.8 when I stroke Ctrl + Shift + F the “for replace” field is
> always empty and I need manually input values into both fields.
>
> Can You change it? Or maybe there is an option in settings?

Thank you for the feedback. Can you please raise the bug here -
https://redmine.postgresql.org/projects/pgadmin4/issues/new?

> Second thing: why Ctrl + Shift + F and not Ctrl + H ?

We're using CodeMirror for the editor and its default shortcut is Ctrl +
Shift + F. We already have a feature request to make it customizable.

--
Thanks,
Aditya Toshniwal