Re: Regarding removal for wcDocker and replace it with rc-dock #6479

From: Aditya Toshniwal <aditya(dot)toshniwal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Nikhil Mohite <nikhil(dot)mohite(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Regarding removal for wcDocker and replace it with rc-dock #6479
Date: 2023-08-11 08:47:27
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Dave,

On Fri, Aug 11, 2023 at 2:05 PM Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Aug 2023 at 07:42, Aditya Toshniwal <
> aditya(dot)toshniwal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Nikhil,
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 11, 2023 at 11:06 AM Nikhil Mohite <
>> nikhil(dot)mohite(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Aditya,

>>> button) and click on it will show a drop-down menu with a list of all
>>> closed tabs, and selecting it will open the selected tab on the right side.
>>> Something like this, click on the (+) plus button on Object Explorer and
>>> select the tab name from drop-down options. (I know there are Query Tool,
>>> Search, and PSQL Tool buttons already there we can change the location of
>>> the button)
>>>
>> I think we can do that, but on the main panel and not on object explorer
>> and with some relevant icon.
>> Any other suggestions/ideas?
>>

> I'm surprised a man of your talents can't catch the right-click - any
> particular reason it's giving you problems?

Thank you for your appreciation. The problem here is rc-dock doesn't
provide any API to allow the onContextMenu event on the tab bar. I could
hack and add using JS native querySelector and addListener, but that is
error prone and not the right way to do it in React. I have used a custom
component for tab title, so I was able to capture the event on the tabs.

> Assuming it really is that hard, can we do something like Chrome (similar
> to Nikhil's suggestion)?
>
> [image: Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 09.33.53.png]

Chrome has only one type of tab, but pgAdmin has many. I am thinking of
something similar to PyCharm.
[image: image.png]