Re: PGAdmin4 6.9

From: Aditya Toshniwal <aditya(dot)toshniwal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Craig Booth <Craig(dot)Booth(at)firstmac(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: "pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PGAdmin4 6.9
Date: 2022-05-18 05:45:34
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Craig,

The query tool UI is re-written to ReactJS and the new grid lib used does
not support multi cell/range selection yet.
It will be available in a future release.

On Wed, May 18, 2022 at 7:06 AM Craig Booth <Craig(dot)Booth(at)firstmac(dot)com(dot)au>
wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Hopefully this has been sent to the correct email address, apologies if
> not.
>

> I am running:
>

> windows 11
>
> chrome version 101.0.4951.67
>
> desktop mode for pgAdmin
>

> This morning I upgraded from pgAdmin 6.8 to pgAdmin 6.9 and rebooted my
> system.
>

> Since upgrading, in the query results pane I can no longer select multiple
> column values to copy.
>

> For example, per the screen shot below, previously if I wanted to copy the
> “JusticeID” values
>
> 18478,15133,18991 and 14381 I would click in the cell for the value of
> 18478 and drag down
>
> to 14381, which would highlight those cells and then I would be able to
> copy them.
>

> I am unable to copy more than 1 cell value at a time in the latest
> release, without copying the
>
> entire column, which unfortunately makes pgAdmin unusable for me in my
> daily work.
>

> I assume that I have done something wrong, or a setting that I can’t find
> has been
>
> overwritten, during the upgrade process.
>

> Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide.
>

> Regards,
>

> Craig
> Note: This email (inc all attachments) is for the use of the intended
> recipient(s) only. Privileged or confidential information may be contained
> in this communication. If you have received this email in error, please
> notify the sender immediately and then delete all copies of this message
> from your computer network. If you are not the intended recipient, you must
> not keep, use, disclose, copy or distribute this email without the author's
> prior permission. If you are the intended recipient and you do not wish to
> receive similar electronic messages from us in future, then please respond
> to the sender to this effect. We have taken precautions to minimise the
> risk of transmitting software viruses, but advise you to carry out your own
> virus checks on this email and its attachments. We do not accept liability
> for any loss or damage caused by software viruses and do not represent that
> this transmission is free from viruses or other defects. Firstmac Limited
> (ABN 59 094 145 963) (AFSL 290600)

Thanks,
Aditya Toshniwal
pgAdmin Hacker | Software Architect | *edbpostgres.com*
<http://edbpostgres.com>