Re: Question about updating Python.exe within the pgAdmin folder

From: Aditya Toshniwal <aditya(dot)toshniwal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Howsley, Jeffrey (Draper)" <Jeffrey(dot)Howsley(at)wtwco(dot)com>
Cc: "pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Question about updating Python.exe within the pgAdmin folder
Date: 2024-06-05 03:45:45
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Jeffrey,

Which version has vulnerability and with which is it fixed?
If it's a major version change then I don't think it would work. You can
try taking the backup of the original .exe file and replacing it.

On Tue, Jun 4, 2024 at 8:30 PM Howsley, Jeffrey (Draper) <
Jeffrey(dot)Howsley(at)wtwco(dot)com> wrote:

> The version of Python that my pgAdmin is using has a vulnerability. Is it
> possible to update that python.exe file by just copying the newer version
> to the folder. Or will that break associations?
>

> *Jeff Howsley*
>
> Information Services Engineer
>

> *Willis Towers Watson*
>
> 38 E Scenic Pointe Dr, Floor 2 | Draper, UT 84020
>

> IT Support Line: 801-415-1735
>
> Jeffrey(dot)Howsley(at)wtwco(dot)com

> For information pertaining to WTW's email confidentiality and monitoring
> policy, usage restrictions, or for specific company registration and
> regulatory status information, please visit
> https://www.wtwco.com/en-gb/notices/legal-disclaimers
> <https://www.wtwco.com/en-GB/Notices/legal-disclaimers>
>

> At WTW, we provide data-driven, insight-led solutions in the areas of
> people, risk and capital that make your organization more resilient,
> motivate your workforce, and maximize performance. WTW has offices in 140
> countries and markets. For a complete list of office locations, please
> click here <https://www.wtwco.com/en-GB/About-Us/office-locations>
>

> You may receive direct marketing communications from WTW. If so, you have
> the right to opt out of these communications. You can opt out of these
> communications by emailing unsubscribe(at)wtwco(dot)com [ELD-DEF].You may access
> a copy of WTW's privacy notice by clicking here
> <https://www.wtwco.com/en-US/Notices/global-website-privacy-notice>.

Thanks,
Aditya Toshniwal
pgAdmin Hacker | Sr. Software Architect | *enterprisedb.com*
<https://www.enterprisedb.com/>