Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM#1432 - File Browser - File does not exist error

From: Surinder Kumar <surinder(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Marc Linster <marc(dot)linster(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM#1432 - File Browser - File does not exist error
Date: 2016-07-07 12:50:16
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 7:02 PM, Surinder Kumar <
surinder(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 5:40 PM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think we need more changes than just that;
>>
>> - The path at the top should not be editable (it should be greyed in fact)
>>
> Ok
>

>> - The path at the top should only show the directory path. The
>> filename should never be appended.
>>
> Ok
>

>> - The CSS needs to be fixed so the filename textbox at the bottom is
>> never hidden (as it is now if the dialogue opens at a small size).
>>
> Ok
>

>> - Double-click to navigate vs. rename should be modified to work in
>> part like it does on Mac - Double-click on either the icon or the name
>> should open the item (browser into a folder, or select and "OK" on a
>> file), and Click then Enter should rename. I'm hesitant to try to
>> implement "slow double click to rename" as that would likely need to
>> be tunable for accessibility reasons.
>>
> Ok, I will fix it.

In the current scenario, the Enter Key is bound to the OK button by default
in Alertify dialog which servers the purpose of closing the dialog.
Should we de-attach Enter Key event bound to OK button and use it for
rename file?
please suggest what should I do?

On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 10:42 AM, Surinder Kumar