Re: Lack of activity indicator over slow connections (pgadmin4)

From: Surinder Kumar <surinder(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza(dot)zabuawala(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Lack of activity indicator over slow connections (pgadmin4)
Date: 2016-09-26 13:41:24
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Please find attached patch. Added activity indicator for:
1) Panels.
2) Dialog open and on click OK.(set cursor to progress)
3) Debugger. (Set cursor to progress).

Not done: Activity indicator is not implemented for wizard pages. send
another patch once completed.

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 2:19 PM, Surinder Kumar <
surinder(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 1:45 PM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 7:32 AM, Surinder Kumar
>> <surinder(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

>> being

>> > sorry its not spinner, its reload spinning icon in place of properties
>> icon.
>>
>> Oh, I see. I like it, but wonder if it would be too subtle.
>>
>> Can we do both? Show the panel, and spin a loading icon on the tab?
>>
> ​I will try to implement both.​

>> > isplay loading message
>> > in dialog till the data loads and on OK we can set mouse pointer to
>> > 'progress' till the data is not processed.
>>
>> Yes, they are essentially panels too, so we can do the same as for
>> Properties and Statistics etc.
>>
>> > - On Wizard steps
>> > isplay loading message
>> > also in wizard pages till it doesn't loads data.
>>
>> Yes.
>>

>> > - Possibly in the debugger, when stepping?
>> >
>> > In case of debugger's step into, step out & resume, we can set mouse
>> pointer
>> > to 'progress'
>>
>> OK.
>>
>> Can you work up a patch ASAP please?
>>
> ​Ok.​
>

>> Thanks!
>>
>> --
>> Dave Page
>> Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
>> Twitter: @pgsnake

>> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
activity_indicator.patch application/octet-stream 11.4 KB