Re: Lack of activity indicator over slow connections (pgadmin4)

From: Surinder Kumar <surinder(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza(dot)zabuawala(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Lack of activity indicator over slow connections (pgadmin4)
Date: 2016-09-23 06:32:06
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 8:40 PM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 2:30 PM, Surinder Kumar
> <surinder(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
> > Hi Dave/Ashesh
> >
> > The thing we can do is:
> > 1) We can display loading message same as other panels if returned
> response
> > is taking longer than 2 seconds, otherwise we won't display any
> message(to
> > avoid fluctuations).
> > Screenshot - demo_message.png
>
> There's a typo there (laoded)..
>
> > 2) Display a loading spinner along with panel title while data is being
> > loaded.
> > Screenshot - spinner.png
>
> I don't see a spinner there at all.

​sorry its not spinner, its reload spinning icon in place of properties
icon.​

> What about the other places I mentioned?

> - On dialogue open and OK

D​
isplay *loading message*
​in dialog till the data loads and on OK we can set mouse pointer to
'progress' till the data is not processed.

​ ​
- On Wizard steps

​ D​
isplay *loading message*
​also in wizard pages till it doesn't loads data.

​ ​
- Possibly in the debugger, when stepping?

​ ​
In case of debugger's step into, step out & resume, we can set mouse
pointer to 'progress'​
​. ​