[pgAdmin4][Patch]: Regarding RM#1419 - Internal Server Error displayed if create any object through simplified Chinese character

From: Surinder Kumar <surinder(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Regarding RM#1419 - Internal Server Error displayed if create any object through simplified Chinese character
Date: 2016-07-12 09:57:44
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi

*What is happening in code?*
Database is created with Chinese characters successfully with ascii
values(Chinese characters converted to ascii) before saving internally.

but when database properties is retrieved by name, it fails to fetch data
and throws UnicodeError.

*Solution:*
Database name should be encoded in 'utf-8' before storing to database.
This resolved the issue.
I have tested this patch by creating database name using Japanese and
Chinese characters. It works.

Also referenced the code to *set default encoding to 'uff-8' *before start
of application.
https://github.com/joeyespo/grip/issues/86

@Ashesh/@Dave can you please review the patch?
If it looks good, we can do the same changes in case of other nodes.

Thanks,
Surinder Kumar

Attachment Content-Type Size
RM#1419.patch application/octet-stream 2.1 KB