Re: Memory growth observed with C++ application consuming libpq.dll on Windows

From: Rajesh Kokkonda <rajeshk(dot)kokkonda(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ranier Vilela <ranier(dot)vf(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Yasir <yasir(dot)hussain(dot)shah(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Memory growth observed with C++ application consuming libpq.dll on Windows
Date: 2024-08-02 16:49:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

We did run our application under valgrind on Linux. We did not see any
leaks. There is no platform dependent code in our application. We are
seeing gradual memory growth only on windows.

That is what lead me to believe the leak may be present in postgresql. I
will run under available memory tools on windows and get back to you.

I will also try to create a sample and see if I can reproduce the problem.

Thanks,
Rajesh