PUG - Islamabad, Pakistan

From: Umair Shahid <umair(dot)shahid(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PUG - Islamabad, Pakistan
Date: 2016-02-15 16:21:15
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Dear PG Advocates,

I have been meaning to start up a PostgreSQL user group in Islamabad
(Pakistan) to promote the database in the country. Thanks to investments by
some commercial PostgreSQL organizations in the city, there is sizable
expertise available locally and I would like to see usage flourish as well
... not just in the city, but also in the country.

I plan on initiating a Meetup.com group dedicated to the PUG (any option
available to help finance this?) and will also try to promote the group on
social media. I would like to plan the first meeting early in April and
will likely choose a specific topic that someone can talk about during the
meetup.

The first step, however, is getting the community onboard and hence this
email. Anything else I should be mindful of? Any suggestions or concerns?

I am really excited about this and looking forward to our first meetup.

Thanks!

- Umair