Re: Failing start-up archive recovery at Standby mode in PG9.2.4

From: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <kyota(dot)horiguchi(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
Cc: Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Failing start-up archive recovery at Standby mode in PG9.2.4
Date: 2013-04-25 15:56:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Can you share the modified script, please?

Please find the attached files:
test.sh : test script. most significant change is the load.
I used simple insert instead of pgbench.
It might need some more adjustment for other environment
as my usual.
xlog.c.diff : Additional log output I thought to be useful to diagnose.

> I'm not sure I understand what the problem is, though. When the standby
> opens the bogus, recycled, file in pg_xlog, it will notice that the header
> is incorrect, and retry reading the file from the archive.

It looks the corrupted header only once. It continues to make retry
without looking there after that.

> Perhaps, but it should nevertheless not get confused by recycled segments.

regards, and good night.
--
Kyotaro Horiguchi

Attachment Content-Type Size
promtest_20130426.tar.gz application/x-gzip 1.3 KB