Cascadia IT Conference 2014 - Call for Proposals by Dec 9

From: Paul English <penglish1(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: seapug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Cascadia IT Conference 2014 - Call for Proposals by Dec 9
Date: 2013-12-01 07:44:22
Lists: seapug

Got a great tech talk idea? Got a great tech talk already? Send it to
Cascadia IT Conference 2014:

http://casitconf.org/casitconf14/call-for-proposals/

We welcome topics on best practices; new developments in system, network,
database and storage administration; and cutting­ edge techniques to better
manage Linux, Unix, or Windows hosts and environments.

Presentations should be of a technical nature and speakers should assume
that members of the audience have at least a few years experience with
Linux/Unix and/or Windows administration.

I'm not part of the committee for content, but I believe we'd very much
welcome a talk or three on Postgres and I know there's been noise on the
list about doing more talks lately.

Many of the sysadmins at CASIT are also de-facto DBAs (speaking for myself)
or are in the position of helping a company decide which SQL platform to
choose, or to be an advocate for say Postgres over MySQL or Oracle. We're
highly interested in things like scaling and availability architecture.