Need some assistance on stored procedures execution using libpq in C

From: Sasmit Utkarsh <utkarshsasmit(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Need some assistance on stored procedures execution using libpq in C
Date: 2024-04-25 10:57:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi PostgreSQL Team,

I'm trying to execute the stored procedure(details along with the program
in the attachment) to fetch the records from the table for the inputs given
in the code as well. I have already created the procedure in the db. But I
see some strange output when I try to fetch the details from the table
using *PQexecPrepared*, even though there are no records for the given
input. I see that this message nTuples(rows)=1 along with procedure
successful execution. How to better handle this?
when it returned probably an empty result set. Please advise

*Output:*

*sasmit(at)sasmit-Virtual-Machine:~/test$ ./test_proceduresmain() Connection
to shadow_shc_data database SUCCESSFULmain() nFields(cols)=2
nTuples(rows)=1SELECT operation succeeded on Shadow DBmain() blk_size
returned is 7565871*

*DB:*

*[nix-shell:/ext/shb/tpfasm/shares-c]$ psql shadow_shc_datapsql (14.9,
server 12.16 (Ubuntu 12.16-0ubuntu0.20.04.1))Type "help" for
help.shadow_shc_data=# select * from fs_data;shadow_shc_data=# CALL
SQL_select_data_procedure(-335509949,false , NULL, NULL); blksize |
fadata---------+-------- |(1 row)*

*shadow_shc_data-# \dfList of functions-[ RECORD 1
]-------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Schema
| publicName | sql_insert_data_procedureResult
data type |Argument data types | fa integer, ft integer, ord integer,
xaddr text, recid text, blk_size integer, indata bytea, INOUT outdata
byteaType | proc-[ RECORD 2
]-------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Schema
| publicName | sql_select_data_procedureResult
data type |Argument data types | fa integer, hold boolean, INOUT blksize
integer, INOUT fadata byteaType | proc-[ RECORD 3
| publicName | sql_update_data_procedureResult
data type |Argument data types | indata bytea, unhold boolean, fa
integerType | proc*

Regards,
Sasmit Utkarsh
+91-7674022625