Re: strange behavior of WAL files

From: Vijaykumar Jain <vijaykumarjain(dot)github(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Atul Kumar <akumar14871(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais <jgdr(at)dalibo(dot)com>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: strange behavior of WAL files
Date: 2021-06-04 13:42:30
Lists: pgsql-general

I will try to simulate this and see if i can reproduce it, currently in
between difficult interviews where i have little hope :)

PostgreSQL WAL Retention and Clean Up: pg_archivecleanup - Percona Database
Performance Blog
<https://www.percona.com/blog/2019/07/10/wal-retention-and-clean-up-pg_archivecleanup/>
WAL, LSN and File Names – Luca Ferrari – Open Source advocate, human being
(fluca1978.github.io)
<https://fluca1978.github.io/2020/05/28/PostgreSQLWalNames.html>

and you can try pg_waldump
Who is spending wal crazily - Highgo Software Inc.
<https://www.highgo.ca/2020/08/28/who-is-spending-wal-crazily/>
to see what is in the WAL, and if you see any issues.

--
Thanks,
Vijay