Re: Oracle error log table equivalent in postgresql

From: Vijaykumar Jain <vijaykumarjain(dot)github(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Mukesh Rajpurohit <vivasvan1902(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: 066ce286(at)free(dot)fr, Pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Oracle error log table equivalent in postgresql
Date: 2021-08-06 14:10:36
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Fri, 6 Aug 2021 at 18:27, Mukesh Rajpurohit <vivasvan1902(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Thanks. I got how to capture errmsg, errcode etc into error log table
> however my aim is to insert rejected rows too in error log table with all
> its column data. If you know error log table feature in oracle then you
> could relate what I am trying to achieve here.

PS: this may not be helpful, but just in case you want to implement
something custom.

reading this,
Oracle DML Error Logging (dba-oracle.com)
<http://www.dba-oracle.com/t_oracle_dml_error_log.htm>
I have not seen anyone implement something like that here, maybe the
experts would have more detail.
but, i think this would require a custom function,
something like this, a small try catch, setup where you can log all the
relevant fields required for your error log.
i have used jsonb for now.
log_exception_to_table (github.com)
<https://gist.github.com/cabecada/7baed6d4700182398e342f177d378d75>