Re: pg-audit extension

From: Vijaykumar Jain <vijaykumarjain(dot)github(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Olagoke Akinyemi <sahoong(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg-audit extension
Date: 2021-07-27 06:19:25
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, Jul 26, 2021, 11:54 PM Olagoke Akinyemi <sahoong(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> Could someone please, give me a quick guide? I am trying to install
> pgaudit extension on an existing PostgreSQL instance but I want to place it
> on a different this mount. How can i do this?
>
> Are you trying to save pgaudit logs on a different location/ separate
mount?

> pgaudit would log audit stuff to the same log file to which postmaster is
configured to log.
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/runtime-config-logging.html

https://github.com/pgaudit/pgaudit/blob/master/README.md

> I can be corrected, but I am not sure you can log to a standalone location
different from postgresql logs.
But if your concern is, if, incase of a crash you would lose your audit
logs, them in my personal opinion, you can either use rsyslog or use
something like filebeat to monitor changes to log file and send changes to
a centralized setup.
If I misunderstood you, ignore my suggestions.