Re: Patroni configuration issue

From: Vijaykumar Jain <vijaykumarjain(dot)github(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Deepak tyagi <deepaktyagi454(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patroni configuration issue
Date: 2021-07-07 08:55:09
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Tue, 6 Jul 2021 at 03:37, Vijaykumar Jain <
vijaykumarjain(dot)github(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I may be wrong in my simulation (my first time), but in that case you will
> have to describe how did you setup your cluster, did you use any reference
> etc?
> maybe that might help me understand this more.

just following up on this, I was new to etcd and installed v3.5.x and was
not sure how to list all keys etc,
turns out, I had to set ETCDCTL_API=2, and use the old version commands to
list and del key.

export ETCDCTL_API=2 # ls does not work on v3
alias ee='etcdctl --endpoints=http://127.0.0.1:2379 '

# i used default namespace and cluster name, so
postgres(at)db:~/patroni_demo$ ee ls --recursive /
/service
/service/batman
/service/batman/members
/service/batman/members/postgresql0
/service/batman/members/postgresql1
/service/batman/initialize --- this is the key we need to delete to
reinit the db
/service/batman/config
/service/batman/leader
/service/batman/optime
/service/batman/optime/leader

postgres(at)db:~/patroni_demo$ ee get /service/batman/initialize
6981912157875070537

# solve i am not leader, server not starting up
ee rm /service/batman/initialize
PrevNode.Value: 6981912157875070537

and then run patroni <config> again as a fresh setup, and you get your
leaders and replica just fine.