ignore tablespace in schema definition queries

From: Joao Miguel Ferreira <joao(dot)miguel(dot)c(dot)ferreira(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ignore tablespace in schema definition queries
Date: 2021-04-03 10:59:18
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello all,

I have a big set of migration queries (that I do not control) that I must
run on my automatic test database, in order to set ip up and run tests.
These queries create all sorts of things like indexes, tables, and so. But
they also include the specification of the tablespace they expect to use
(tablespace_000, tablespace_001, up to tablespace_999). This would require
me to setup hundreds of tablespaces before I can start the migration
process, and run the tests.

Is there a way to tell the postgres server to ignore that part and just use
some default tablespace? My present situation is that I can not bring the
test database to a usable point because many migration queries fail due to
the tablespace they need has not been created. My problem is that I would
like to avoid creating them.

Thanks
João