Re: Disk latency goes up during certaing pediods

From: German Becker <german(dot)becker(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Brett Stauner <brett(at)mightybs(dot)net>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Disk latency goes up during certaing pediods
Date: 2013-07-29 19:41:56
Lists: pgsql-admin

Luis, The disk only has the WAL (pg_xlog ) directory. Brett, Here are the
mount options:

/dev/sdb1 on /storage/sdb1 type ext3
(rw,noatime,data=writeback,errors=remount-ro)

BTW The original fs was ext4, now I am trying with ext3, with the exact
same results. No noticeable changes using diferent journal modes.

I also tried disabling the journal altogether, which dramatically reduced
the disk usage, but nevertheless there was this latency spikes.