Re: Recommendation to run vacuum FULL in parallel

From: Perumal Raj <perucinci(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: rihad <rihad(at)mail(dot)ru>
Cc: hjp-pgsql(at)hjp(dot)at, pgsql-general General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Recommendation to run vacuum FULL in parallel
Date: 2019-04-03 17:02:00
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi All

Thanks for all your valuable inputs,

Here is some more data,

Though we have 150 GB free space spread across 500 Tables , Every
alternative day DB is growing with 1 GB rate.
Also,We have manual vacuum job scheduled to run weekly basis, So seems to
be space is not reusing all the time ?

So conclude the requirement here , The only way to parallelism is multiple
script. And no need to do REINDEX exclusively.
Question : Do we need to consider Table dependencies while preparing
script in order to avoid table locks during vacuum full ?

At present Maintenance work memory set to 20 GB.
Question : Do we need to tweak any other parameters ?

Note:
We are planning this activity with Application Downtime only.

Let me know if i missed anything.

Regards,
Raj