Request clarification w/ PG_DUMPALL -d.

From: ERR ORR <rd0002(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-generallists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Request clarification w/ PG_DUMPALL -d.
Date: 2020-08-30 14:31:38
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm trying to migrate a 9.5 DB to a current version using PG_DUMPALL.
It reclaims that what I pass in the -d parameter is missing a "=" and the
man directs me to look at chapter 31.1.1 Connection Strings of the dox PDF.
The Problem is that there are different connection strings listed there and
I don't know which one I should use.
Would be happy if somebody could clarify exactly what value/s I need to use
for the -d parameter of PG_DUMPALL.