Re: How do I create a Backup Operator account ?

From: Marcos Aurelio Nobre <marconobre(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Luca Ferrari <fluca1978(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Ron <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How do I create a Backup Operator account ?
Date: 2019-07-31 00:47:57
Lists: pgsql-general

I've also been thinking about this possibility. Create a Linux (S.O.) user
account that has the ability to run pg_dump and pg_restore and enable this
user account to be able to connect to a database - I believe this is
possible through PG_HBA.CONF

But I don't know how to implement this on Linux, nor how to write this
entry in the pg_hba.conf file.