Re: Make recently inserted/updated records available in the buffer/cache

From: Hüseyin Demir <demirhuseyinn(dot)94(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Sachin Divekar <ssd532(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Make recently inserted/updated records available in the buffer/cache
Date: 2019-12-02 17:13:09
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi,

PostgreSQL decides which pages should be evicted from memory and written to
disk with the help of LRU algorithm. Thus, it depends on your query work
load. In OLTP systems, the algorithm is beneficial to business
requirements(almost :) )

It's hard to figure out that a configuration change will affect the
performance in a good way. Maybe, you can use PostgreSQL warmup features in
order to make sure the data pages that you need will be available in cache.

Because the results of LRU algorithm can vary depending on your business
and system workload.

Best Regards.

Sachin Divekar <ssd532(at)gmail(dot)com>, 2 Ara 2019 Pzt, 20:03 tarihinde şunu

--

*Hüseyin DEMİR*

IT SOLUTION ARCHITECT

0534-614-72-06