I am unable to install PostgreSql

From: Shashank <shashank(dot)ites(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: I am unable to install PostgreSql
Date: 2015-08-12 03:43:11
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi

I am unable to install Postgresql on window 2003. I have already installed
previously. As, I forgot the password, I have uninstalled and trying to
install again.
I got error as " The database cluster initialization failed ".

The solution to this problem I got as "During the installation, you are
asked to choose a location to store the postgres data. The default location
is C:\Program Files\Postgres\data. Choosing a location outside of the
Program Files directory (e.g. C:\Postgres Data) can often overcome the
problem described above. " I got the solution from
http://www.maplesoft.com/support/faqs/detail.aspx?sid=33315

After doing the above steps, the setup is stuck at the final stage. It is
just showing as "Installing the database cluster (this make take few
minutes)".

Kindly help me on this. Thanks in advance.

Regards
Shashank
Mumbai, India

Attachment Content-Type Size
PostGreSQL-Error.JPG image/jpeg 86.9 KB
PostGreSQL-Error1.JPG image/jpeg 77.1 KB