Re: when do I analyze after concurrent index creation?

From: dinesh kumar <dineshkumar02(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: AI Rumman <rummandba(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: when do I analyze after concurrent index creation?
Date: 2013-10-18 15:35:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

When we create an index, i believe the postgres engine it self update it's
catalog about the index availability.

"ANALYZE" helps you to find the right plan according to the number of rows
got selected. I don't think, "ANALYZE" take care of updating the index
entries.

I might be wrong here, hope someone will give you better information.

Thanks,
Dinesh
manojadinesh.blogspot.com