Re: Hyderabad, India PUG

From: Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Hari P Kiran <harikiran(at)opensource-db(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, Ameen Abbas <abbas(dot)dba(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Hyderabad, India PUG
Date: 2023-05-07 12:43:55
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Wed, Mar 22, 2023 at 7:19 PM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:

> On 3/22/23 8:56 AM, Hari P Kiran wrote:
> > Hello Team - We'd like to create a PostgreSQL User Group in Hyderabad,
> > India.
> >
> > We've sent an email to usergroups(at)postgresql(dot)org
> > <mailto:usergroups(at)postgresql(dot)org> and confirmed the group isn't
> > available/active.
> >
> > We'll be using the Meetup platform for all the User group interactions.
> > Additionally, we've also created a LinkedIn Group, following are the
> > weblinks:
> >
> > Meetup: https://www.meetup.com/hyderabad-postgresql-user-group/
> > <https://www.meetup.com/hyderabad-postgresql-user-group/>
> > LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/14216001/
> > <https://www.linkedin.com/groups/14216001/>
> >
> > Please let us know if you have any questions around this.
>
> Congrats on getting started! I've added this user group to the user
> groups webpage[1].
>
> [1] https://www.postgresql.org/community/user-groups/

Hi,

We are happy to share that we successfully completed our first
Hyderabad PostgreSQL User Group meetup on 5th May. 35+ participants, 4
hours with 4 40min duration talks and 3 lightning talks, lots of
discussions around postgres and networking of course.

We are now thinking of having an official email domain (like
hyderabadpug(at)postgresql(dot)org) similar to some of the PUGs
torontopug(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-fr-generale(at)postgresql(dot)org,
seapug(at)postgresql(dot)org, seasiapug(at)postgresql(dot)org and so on. Is it
something we can go ahead and register ourselves or will there be any
support from Postgres Global Development Group? Appreciate any help.

--
Regards,
Organizing Committee,