Re: Fwd: Query with high planning time compared to execution time

From: Richard Lee <swift1984(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com
Cc: tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com, pgsql-performance(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fwd: Query with high planning time compared to execution time
Date: 2018-11-06 11:40:50
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi,

Ah, apologize for the mistake. The entire will take several hours to
complete and the problem query won't be executed until about halfway
through the benchmark. Should I do `perf record` when the query appears? Or
one `perf record` at the start of the test and another one when the query
appears? I imagine doing a `perf record` of the entire benchmark will fill
the storage (only about 100GB of space on the server).

Regards,
Richard Lee